And now, a David Letterman-esque Top Ten List of the reasons to choose the divorce mediation method of ending your Arizona marriage, rather than resort to costly, contentious litigation of your contested or high net worth divorce in a courtroom.
10. Mediation is private rather than in open court. No “dirty laundry” will be aired publicly.
9. Mediation is pocketbook-friendly — far less expensive than the attorney fees and court costs that litigation requires.
8. Mediation is not as time-consuming. Once the parties are on “the same page,” issues can be resolved.
7. Mediation is not as stressful as the back-and-forth bickering heard during litigation.
6. Mediation encourages an honest, open exchange of views. You may be hearing some complaints for the first time, but a skilled mediator can moderate discussions in ways that bring order to what looks like conversational chaos.
5. Talking things out is what you should have done during your marriage. To this end, a series of productive private conversations during mediation can end your relationship with dignity, honor the good in what you had, and minimize the potentially harmful emotional impact of divorce on your children.
4. Did we mention that mediation costs less money? It bears repeating amid an uncertain economy. Litigation is a lousy investment anyway, if you lose.
3. Mediation projects a tone of collaboration that can be sustained during your transition to a brighter post-divorce future, and beyond. Practice makes perfect, and the cooperative atmosphere of mediation is good practice for keeping things civil for the sake of your child when future misunderstandings arise.
2. Your child will thank you someday for the low-impact route you’ve chosen to segue into single life, yet continuing your financial, emotional and in-person time commitments to children you share.
And the Number One Advantage of mediation over divorce litigation is … drum roll please …
1. Control. If you found your spouse to be controlling during your marriage, now you have a chance to be controlling together. Mediation gives you control of your destiny, directions, goals and resolutions, rather than leave your fate in the hands of strangers in a courtroom.
All you need now is the assistance of an experienced divorce and family law attorney who knows how to mediate and truly cares about your future. In Gilbert, Arizona, that compassionate lawyer is Steven Zachary of the Zachary Law Group. Our law firm’s founder believes that every problem has a solution. You can ignore it, you can postpone it, litigate it or use mediation to … “Zach it.” Call today and take your worry away. 480-389-3533.